So I’m sitting in a hotel room in Flagstaff, Arizona.
It’s 6am and the rest of my family is sleeping. I’m on my computer.. in the dark.. working.
I’m on “vacation”.
So far I’ve answered a whole pile of emails, skype’d a couple people about business, and I’m currently working on an article I’m writing for my monthly contribution to Magnetic Sponsoring’s “What’s Working Now?”… oh yeah, and I’m writing this blog..
In other words, I’m working.
My question for you is:
What 3 things are YOU going to do today to grow your GlobalNPN business?
I figure if I can be on vacation, visit 4 national, and state, parks in the last couple days with my wife and 3 kids (including a looong drive to the Grand Canyon), take in a MLB game in Phoenix… AND manage to keep my business moving forward. YOU must be able to accomplish a lot more.. right? 🙂
So tell me..
What 3 things (or more) are YOU going to do today to grow your GlobalNPN business?
I’ve been checking our stats and our new sales funnel is rocking! Seriously. When I get home I’m going to be tweaking it and optimizing it a bit more before I start on our next funnel. But really, just get people into that funnel..
Anyways… gotta make this kinda quick.. lots to do before we start our day..
Again, I’d love to hear what you have on your agenda today..
So please comment below with 3 things you’ll accomplish (or have already accomplished) today to grow your business. (don’t just ‘like’.. comment;)
When thinking about starting an online business from home, we sometimes forget to think about the reasons why we would want to do such a thing – apart from earning an extra income from the internet.
I mean, we all have an entrepreneur mindset and we all want to make money online, but I often ask myself the real reasons why I do this, and why I did this in the first place.. so I came up with a list that I’d like to share with you. Perhaps you have the same motivations as I do.
Off the top of my head, here are my top 6 reasons:
1. FREEDOM. This is kind of a tricky one, because having a home business can absolutely give you the freedom that you wouldn’t get from an ‘ordinary’ job. However, it can also take away some of the freedom as well if you don’t have the self discipline to walk away from your business when it is needed. Having the freedom to set my own schedule and work my own hours has always been my main motivation in starting and running my own online business.
2. FAMILY TIME. I have 3 kids at home and it was always my intention to find some way to make a living while still being able to hang out with my family. Running your own home business can give you that freedom. I get to take my kids to school, pick them up from school, and never miss any of their sports or activities.
3. UNLIMITED INCOME. If you have a j.o.b., you are essentially trading hours for dollars. That’s it. And almost always, you consider yourself as being underpaid. Unfortunately, when you’re working for someone else there is no way around that, ever. With an online business there is literally no limit to the amount of money you make. Really, you end up being paid what you’re worth based on the value you bring to your industry.
4. WORKING WITH COOL PEOPLE. When you’re running your own business, you have a choice as to who you work with. You’re not forced to deal with co-workers that you can’t get along with, you’re not forced to have a boss that just doesn’t like you. You get to work with people that you can actually be productive with. People that are like you. People that have the same goals and dreams as you do. That fact alone is a big reason to do this.
5. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. When your entire business is an online business, you can be practically anywhere and still run your business. I’ve run my business from hotel rooms, coffee shops, shopping malls, baseball stadiums, airplanes, restaurants, while driving down the highway (in the passenger seat of course;), and even on a ride at Disneyland. With smart phones you don’t even need wifi anymore, the sky’s the limit (literally!). Nobody has to know where you are either, which is part of the package. (Word from the wise: you also have to learn when to turn it all off!)
6. LIFESTYLE. I suppose this is kind an “all in one” reason. The lifestyle is what you get when you have a successful home business. You’re working your own hours, you’re making good money, you’re dealing with good people, and you have the time freedom to be wherever you want, whenever you want. It’s all part of the lifestyle.
So in a nutshell, those are my main reasons and motivations for doing this online business thing. What are your motivations for doing this? Money? Fame? Fun?
3 Things You Can Do Every Day “Before Lunch Time” to Build Your Online Business
So.. what are you going to do this morning? How about tomorrow morning? How about EVERY morning? Do you have a plan? Do you have a schedule?
Call it what you want, I call it my “morning brain”.
If you don’t really know what “those tasks” might be, here are a few do give you some ideas…
1. Create New Unique Content
Content? Write a new blog post. Spin it into an article. Make a video and upload it to Youtube. Create a powerpoint presentation and spin that into videos, articles, blogs, and email broadcasts… Create something! Focus all your content on generating leads to your list!
Buy a solo ad. Start a Facebook PPC campaign. Run a classified. Buy some TE credits. Solo ads are awesome, make sure you are tracking everything. Send a broadcast to your list.
Comment on blogs. Comment on Facebook. Share stuff on Facebook. Tweet everything. Put yourself out there and get in touch with people. Be friendly. Be helpful. Be excited. Be the “go-to” guy/gal.
Bonus: 4. Learn Something New
Go to Google and do some research. Learn how to write good ad copy. Learn how to write a good followup sequence for your autoresponder. Learn how to create a good squeeze page. Learn how to followup with your leads based on their personality type. Learn. Learn. Learn.
There you are. I guess the point here is to just do SOMETHING that will grow your business. Just do it. Just do it.
What are your first tasks in the morning? Comment below..
I will be implementing a new placement process in the next few days where you’ll be able to re-assign the sponsor (and upline) of your personal referrals. It will work like this: When you sponsor a new (paid) member into GlobalNPN, you can take that referral and give them to one of your other downline members, manually, from your backoffice. You will have a certain timeframe in which to do this (ie. 24 hrs.) and you’ll be able to do this once per referral.
** yes the referral bonus would go to the new sponsor, like the RDS **
What makes this so great?
Well.. This is great news for those of you that are doing a “team build” situation, where you need to make sure that certain people in your group get their referrals. You will now be able to assign the sponsor yourself to your new referrals.
This will also give you the opportunity to help (reward) those people in your downline that are putting in the most effort for you. (ie. You can ensure your new referrals aren’t going to that “deadbeat” in your 2nd level anymore)
This will give you the opportunity to build more strategically than the current RDS system can. Yes, the RDS works fine as it is but now you have a little bit more control over how things work out.
Cool, huh? Let me know what you think.
So, here’s a challenge for you for this month..
The biggest online marketing season is almost upon us, so let’s get a flying start!
My challenge to you is that everyone in NPN sponsors 1 new person this month (or more of course). Sponsors this is aimed at you. It is up to you to motivate yourself and your downlines to get this done. 1 New Referral Each. If you can do this, your downline will double in size. Simple as that, and the Power of 1 makes it that much more attractive. 1 new referral each month = double your downline. Of course you can take advantage of the new placement process I mentioned above to help out your team, and they can do the same. Duplicate it. Call your team. Email your team. Facebook your team. Get going!
Think you can do it? I think you can, just FOCUS on that goal for this month, and make it happen. (hint: eCertificates work wonders for duplication)
P.S. In the near future I will *probably* have a process to re-assign uplines only (you keep the ref bonus). Not as attractive in my opinion since you’re only passing down $.50, but some of you may like it.
I appreciate all the excitement over the new Global NPN website features that I described in my last update. However, to answer your question: No, as of right now I don’t have a date when the new site will be live. I still have much work to do on it all and to announce a launch date at this time would just be irresponsible. I will keep everyone updated as things progress and get closer, and yes I’ll have a date soon but not at this time. I won’t launch anything that’s not complete. Thanks for your patience and if you have any more suggestions on what you’d like to see (or not see) on our main website please don’t hesitate to message me.
2. Anyone want to meet in Las Vegas?
On another note, I’m planning on flying down to the “No Excuses II Summit” in Las Vegas at the end of April. It should be a really fun, and a really big, conference. I didn’t go to the last one but I heard it was excellent. It’s a “no pitch” event which means it’s all information that can apply to what you’re doing in online business. There will be lots of speakers, some of the biggest names in the industry teaching what they know best. Events like this can be a great place to network and meet the industry pro’s, and lots of ‘up and coming’ leaders as well. Really it’s just fun (and educational) to hang out with a bunch of people that have the same goals and aspirations as you do, and that you can exchange ideas and contact information with.
I’d like to meet some of you in person, so if you would like to meet up with me go ahead and purchase your No Excuses Summit Ticket and then shoot me an email so we can exchange contact info and meet up while we are there. It’s going to be a lot of fun – bring your camera!