So… you have yourself a blog.
And you just wrote a great piece of content that you’re SURE will help your readers get ahead..
So you post your content to your blog, maybe mail your link out to your list.. and you’re done, right?
If that’s all you do with your great content, you are seriously missing out on a lot more traffic and leads for your business.
What that means is to take the content you created, and “repurpose” it to be distributed through other means.
Sure, a blog post is a blog post. But why leave it at that? Why not turn it into as many other types of content that you can? If you leave it as it is.. consider it a waste of your time and talent.
Here’s what I mean…
Take your blog post and ….
- Turn it into an article and submit it to the main article directories
- Turn it into a podcast by just reciting what you just wrote
- Turn it into a youtube or vimeo video
- Turn it into a youtube video with simple power point slides
- Turn it into a slide share
- Turn it into an autoresponder message
- Turn it into an email broadcast to your list
- Turn it into a presentation and make a training video on it
- Turn it into a webinar training
- Turn it into a ‘free report’ that you give away to help build your list
- Turn it into an ebook to sell (or part of an ebook)
- Turn it into a press release
- Break it up into parts and create more related content..
.. and don’t forget to link everything back to your blog or your capture page and SHARE SHARE SHARE
So there’s a few ideas to get you started.
Just keep creating value for your readers and share your value through as many distribution channels as you can with the time you have available. There’s no need to create a new piece of content for each, just repurpose the content you’ve already created.
The traffic is there, just go and GET IT!
Thanks for reading – LIKE it if you like it 🙂
– Geoff Stephen