Top Reasons Why I Started an Online Business From Home
Why I Started an Online Business From Home
When thinking about starting an online business from home, we sometimes forget to think about the reasons why we would want to do such a thing – apart from earning an extra income from the internet.
I mean, we all have an entrepreneur mindset and we all want to make money online, but I often ask myself the real reasons why I do this, and why I did this in the first place.. so I came up with a list that I’d like to share with you. Perhaps you have the same motivations as I do.
Off the top of my head, here are my top 6 reasons:
1. FREEDOM. This is kind of a tricky one, because having a home business can absolutely give you the freedom that you wouldn’t get from an ‘ordinary’ job. However, it can also take away some of the freedom as well if you don’t have the self discipline to walk away from your business when it is needed. Having the freedom to set my own schedule and work my own hours has always been my main motivation in starting and running my own online business.
2. FAMILY TIME. I have 3 kids at home and it was always my intention to find some way to make a living while still being able to hang out with my family. Running your own home business can give you that freedom. I get to take my kids to school, pick them up from school, and never miss any of their sports or activities.
3. UNLIMITED INCOME. If you have a j.o.b., you are essentially trading hours for dollars. That’s it. And almost always, you consider yourself as being underpaid. Unfortunately, when you’re working for someone else there is no way around that, ever. With an online business there is literally no limit to the amount of money you make. Really, you end up being paid what you’re worth based on the value you bring to your industry.
4. WORKING WITH COOL PEOPLE. When you’re running your own business, you have a choice as to who you work with. You’re not forced to deal with co-workers that you can’t get along with, you’re not forced to have a boss that just doesn’t like you. You get to work with people that you can actually be productive with. People that are like you. People that have the same goals and dreams as you do. That fact alone is a big reason to do this.
5. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. When your entire business is an online business, you can be practically anywhere and still run your business. I’ve run my business from hotel rooms, coffee shops, shopping malls, baseball stadiums, airplanes, restaurants, while driving down the highway (in the passenger seat of course;), and even on a ride at Disneyland. With smart phones you don’t even need wifi anymore, the sky’s the limit (literally!). Nobody has to know where you are either, which is part of the package. (Word from the wise: you also have to learn when to turn it all off!)
6. LIFESTYLE. I suppose this is kind an “all in one” reason. The lifestyle is what you get when you have a successful home business. You’re working your own hours, you’re making good money, you’re dealing with good people, and you have the time freedom to be wherever you want, whenever you want. It’s all part of the lifestyle.
So in a nutshell, those are my main reasons and motivations for doing this online business thing. What are your motivations for doing this? Money? Fame? Fun?
Let me know in your comments!
Incoming search terms:
- reasons for doing business