I was on a conference call with a couple other people this morning and we were talking about how much we have invested in our businesses, and in our success over the years. We’re talking about tens of thousands of dollars per year, and more of our own personal time than we’d care to think about.
The discussion turned onto the question of what the results were after we had invested large sum of cash into our business. Not just in monetary results, but how we began to view our entire operations..
There’s a rather potent myth in our industry that continuously tells us that with a “small investment of just $x.xx you can make piles of money really quickly!”. I’m sure you’ve seen the ads and emails that look like that.
What’s more unfortunate is that many people actually believe it, and they hang on to that dream hoping that someday it will actually happen.
Here are a couple questions I’d like you to consider:
1. If you are investing less than $100 per month in your online business, what are your expectations?
2. If you are investing more than $1,000 per month in your online business, what are your expectations?
- What type of income are you expecting to generate?
- How much additional support and guidance are you expecting to get?
- How much respect do you think you’ll have as an affiliate?
- How will people perceive you as their potential sponsor?
- How seriously are you going to take it?
- How focused are you going to be?
- How much time are you going to put in?
Seriously, what are your expectations?
I get this occasionally: “Ok Geoff, I joined at the NPN Basic level ($17), now teach me everything you know about internet marketing so I can make lots of money!”. Ummm.. no.
I respect the fact that you’ve taken that first step, which is HUGE, and I can show you some training videos.. but I have people that have paid up to $5000 to do one-on-one coaching programs with me. I’m not trying to sound like a big shot here.. but that’s the truth.
Let’s think about that for a second. How FOCUSED is someone going to be after investing $5000.00 in a coaching program? Pretty darn focused!
vs. How focused is someone going to be after investing $17 in their business? Not very.
There are many people that expect a lot more in return than what they’re putting out.
Now, let me say that there’s nothing wrong with NOT committing a bunch of money to your business, nothing wrong with that at all. Most of you won’t and that’s fine.. but are you expecting to earn a serious income or are you more realistic in thinking of just earning a few extra bucks every month?
Is your business a BUSINESS, or just a hobby?
Do You Think You Deserve Massive Success?
- Geoff Stephen
Connect with me here: